Friday 25 September 2015

Film Poster Analysis 1 (The Proposal)

I have analysed this poster for the following components: Media language, Genre, Representation, Narrative and Audience.


This poster's miss en scene portrays a sense of humour and romance within the narrative due to the characters facial expressions as I think that the their opposite expressions look humorous in comparison with each other and the engagement ring adds a sense of romance. Ryan Reynolds appears to be represented as a smart well educated man due to his suit and neat hair style. Sandra Bullock also looks smart and well educated and she appears as the more dominant over the male character as he looks scared of her and she looks stern because she has a slightly evil smirk. The lighting/tone makes the characters stand out due to the simple white background and as they are both dressed in modern clothing I think it shows that the films genre must be of a modern basis. As this poster has no tag line or slogan it leads me to wonder what happens in the film and makes me want to watch it because due to curiosity. In my opinion it doesn't need a tag line or slogan as the title of the film automatically gives a hint to the narrative, 'The Proposal', there is clearly a proposal involved in the film and makes me think that this film is aimed at a slightly mature audience who are able to enjoy a film about a troubled relationship. I am only presuming it is a troubled relationship because of the characters facial expressions. Overall I think that this an effective poster as it makes me want to watch the film.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. buy dvd the good place season 2

    ReplyDelete